25 Aug 2016
To complement the new school uniforms introduced at Tweed Heads South Public School this year, the Sports Committee, P & C, Canteen and Executive have been working together to organise custom new sports uniforms for Tweed Heads South Public School, which will be worn for different sports when representing the school as part of a team or individual event.
These new sets include two sets of rugby league uniforms with matching black socks, sports shirts and matching shorts for athletics, soccer, softball and cricket. The new singlets will be used for AFL, basketball and netball.
Now, our students will look as good as they play and compete!!
A huge thank you to the P&C and the Canteen for your generous donation towards these items!
The students modelling the new uniforms are those athletes who attended the Zone Athletics Carnival (minus Kiannah and Tashahn who were unavailable for the photo) last Wednesday at Byron Bay. They all represented the school with pride, dedication and demonstrated good sportsmanship the entire day.
Well done to these students:
- Shane who came 2nd place in the 11 years Boys Discus,
- Samuel who came 2nd in the AWD 100m and 200m, 1st in the AWD 800m and Long Jump, 3rd place in AWD Discus and Shot Put,
- Bayden who placed 3rd in the 12-13 Years Boys 200m sprint,
- Lacey who placed 1st in the 8-10 Years Girls Discus,
- Kiannah who placed 5th in the 11 years Girls Shot Put and Discus,
- Bianca who jumped a massive 1.27m in the 12-13 Years Girls High Jump, and
- Tashahn who jumped 8th place in the 11 years Boys High Jump.
Well done to these athletes who have been training each break showing their dedication and commitment to the sport. Bayden, Lacey, Samuel and Shane will represent the Far North Coast Zone at the International Sports Stadium, Coffs Harbour on Friday, 2 September.